Earn a master’s degree and become licensed in the counseling field to heal and empower others.
Master's Degree in Counseling Programs
This is where the healing starts.
Explore the many ways that counseling and therapy can help people access their emotions, question their beliefs and behaviors and become whole again.
Play in Family Therapy
Learning how play is essential to parent-child relationships, as you explore the theoretical foundations and contemporary science of the role of play in family development.
Personal Mythology and Narrative
A person’s life story gives symbolic meaning to their core values and personal beliefs. In this class, you’ll study the therapeutic potential of engaging with these narratives.
By the Numbers
- Pass rate for the National Counseling Exam for 2018 Regis University grads1
- Job placement rate in mental health within 1 year of graduation1
- Salary earned by Regis grads vs. national average2
Regis Counseling Alumni Employers
Regis Graduate Counseling Programs Facts
- Degree can be completed on campus during evening and weekend classes, in as little as 2-3 years
- COAMFTE and CACREP accredited programs
- Specialized certifications offered, such as Counseling Children and Adolescents, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Depth Psychotherapy
- Hands-on experience at interactive learning centers
- Classes taught by counseling and therapy professionals with decades of experience
- Regis Centers for Counseling and Family Therapy provide low-cost counseling services for our surrounding communities
Areas of Study
Regis offers the following graduate counseling degrees:
- M.A. Counseling
- M.A. Marriage and Family Therapy
We also offer a number of post-graduate certificate programs:
- Counseling Children and Adolescents
- Counseling Military Families
- Depth Psychotherapy
- Marriage and Family Therapy
Military Benefits at Regis
Military personnel and their families choose Regis for our flexible programs, which help transform in-demand skills into rewarding careers. Our active duty and veteran education benefits make school both accessible and affordable with preferred tuition rates, accelerated campus programs and online courses.
Financial Aid for Counseling Graduate Students
An investment in an advanced counseling degree means an investment in your future. But finding those investment funds can be challenging when you’re also balancing a family, mortgage, car payment, bills and more. Regis helps make education affordable for adult and online learners through a variety of options, including:
- Financial aid
- Educational alliances with employers
- Military benefits
- Preferred tuition rates to licensed teachers, paraprofessionals and others
- Student loans
Regis University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). A list of program-specific accreditations can be found on our accreditation page.
Live your best life by helping others live theirs.